Unexpected crashes/incompatible architecture

I am new to NGSolve and am having some issues with the basic installation in a few different ways. I am working on macOS Ventura with a M1 chip for reference.

I downloaded the latest version of Netgen from the dmg image as outlined here Downloads, however when I try to generate the mesh for the sculpture geometry or load any python file (as mentioned on the getting started page of documentation) Netgen immediately crashes. I tried uninstalling and downloading the version pushed on Jan 12 and this version seemed to not have this issue. However with this version I am getting this error when running any of the Jupyter Notebooks which seems to suggest that something is not compatible with the apple M1 chip.

“ImportError: … ‘/Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/site-packages/netgen/libngpy.so’ (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have ‘x86_64’, need ‘arm64’))”

Finally I am running Jupyter Notebooks through anaconda and I see on this page (Using Jupyter notebook — NGS-Py 6.2.2304 documentation) it says I need to have Python 3.7. However to my knowledge the oldest version of python that is supported on anaconda is python 3.8. Does this version mismatch cause any issues? Any help for any of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

The dmg is only for 64bit osx, use the one from pip
Best Christopher